Thursday, October 16, 2014

Fall Break!



Luke had his first day of Fall Break today.  He was up early and we got some shopping done for Brian's birthday package.  Luke wanted to go swimming at the Legacy Center Pool.  He is like a little fish and taught himself how to swim in the deep end.  A cute little blonde haired girl came up to him and said, "Hi."  She told me she was in Luke's CTE class at the Jr. High.  She said Luke never responds to when she says, "Hi."  I said that he has autism and doesn't talk much, but if she asks him how he is doing, he will usually say, "Fine, thank you!"  Then Luke started showing off, swimming in the deep end under water for a long time.  When we left, she hollered "Good bye Luke!" across the pool.  I said, "Say Bye Haily!"  Luke said, "Bye Haily!"  So cute that he has a little friend at school!

Also today we went out to the garden and dug up 14 red potatoes and that was in a very small area.  There are lots more out there.  This is the first time I've ever tried to grow potatoes and I'm pleased as punch that it actually worked!  It's nice to think that whenever I need some potatoes, I can just go outside in the backyard and get some from , mother earth!  Fantastic!

Our garbage disposal finally quit and Tim installed a brand new one for me!

No comments: